Common Ann Arbor Motorcycle Accident Questions

Our Ann Arbor motorcycle accident lawyers represent bikers and passengers injured in Michigan motorcycle accidents. The following are some commonly asked questions of our motorcycle accident attorneys. 


If I was driving a motorcycle or was a passenger on a motorcycle that was struck by an automobile in Michigan, can I sue the driver and the owner of the automobile that cause the accident for my injuries?


Yes, if the following two criteria are fulfilled. First, is the driver of the automobile at-fault? Second, did you sustain a serious injury or disfigurement (like a scar) from the crash? If both are true then the automobile driver can be sued

 What if the other driver was driving another motorcycle rather than an automobile in Michigan?

Yes, and unlike above you do not need to prove you suffered a serious injury or disfigurement, only that the other driver is at-fault. At this point you can then sue the other driver for all your injuries and damages. A claim is made against the driver and owner of the motorcycle that caused the accident, and your damages are covered by their insurance company.


What if the driver and owner of the automobile and/or motorcycle that caused my injuries did not have liability insurance at the time of the motorcycle accident?

You may still recover compensation for your personal injuries. This depends on whether you were occupying a motorcycle which had uninsured motorists coverage or you were covered by your own insurance policy or a family member’s insurance policy which had uninsured motorist coverage at the time of the accident. This is called an Uninsured Motorists Claim.


It is recommended to contact an attorney immediately to find out time limitations, policy requirements which must be met under this claim, and to ensure your rights are protected.

How much time do I have to sue the driver and owner of the automobile or motorcycle that caused the Michigan motorcycle accident?

Usually you have three year from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit with the court. However, it is recommended that you contact an attorney immediately to discuss any time limitations in suing the driver of the at-fault driver and owner of the automobile or motorcycle that caused the accident, and to insure your rights are protected.


Leave a Reply

Awards & Recognition
We are proud to have earned the highest possible ratings for our achievements in the legal profession.
Martindale Hubbell AV Rating
Super Lawyers
Top 100 Lawyers
Top Personal Injury Attorney
Best Michigan Attorney
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.
343 S. Main Street, #206
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
Phone: (734) 780-7633
Better Business Be
A Plus
Our Ann Arbor Law Office